If you are already in the U.S. as an international student on an F visa and studying at a language school, you can apply to transfer to ELTI. If you are accepted, a new I-20 will be issued when you begin our program. Please complete the following items for your application process:
- Fill out the online ELTI application form here. You will receive an automatic reply once you have successfully submitted the application. If you have difficulty completing the online application, contact us at email@example.com.
- Send a copy of the personal information page from your passport.
- Send official bank documents showing that a balance of $24,000.00 or more is available. These are the total estimated expenses for an academic year of study, to include tuition, fees, insurance, books, housing and meals, and incidentals. This is our best estimates of costs per student, and this is what you should be prepared to spend for one academic year all-inclusive. Proof of financial ability is required by the U.S. government for student visa applications.
- If your family will come with you, an additional $6,000.00 per spouse and $3,600 per child will be necessary. Only spouses and children (age 21 and under) are allowed to be dependents on the student visa.
- If the financial documents do not show your name on them, send a personal sponsor letter: The letter should give the name of the person who is giving the financial sponsorship and your name, the sponsor’s relationship to you, and state that he or she is willing to use the funds for your education.
- Pay the $60 application fee (non-refundable). Use our online payment website for the quickest processing. Do not send credit card information by email or fax. You can also pay by check or money order drawn from a US-based bank (in dollars) made out to UNC Charlotte.
- Students who have attended a US school must provide grades/transcripts to date. If you are in your first term of study there, you can send us a report from teachers or the director of the school verifying that you are attending classes and doing well. We will also ask for your grades when you join us in Charlotte. We will accept students who are in good academic and immigration standing.
All documents can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application materials as early as possible before the term you wish to begin. Applications will not be considered complete until all documents and payments have been completed.