If you do not need a student visa (you are already in the U.S. or have another visa type which will allow you to study here), please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the online ELTI application form here. You will receive an automatic reply once you have successfully submitted the application. If you have difficulty completing the online application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a copy of the personal information page from your passport.
- Send a copy of your document that verifies your current status in the U.S. if you do not plan to be on a student (F1) visa. This includes permanent resident, pending permanent resident, and other non-student visa holders.
- Please note: F2 visa students are only permitted to study part-time at ELTI.
- Send official bank documents showing that a balance of $24,000.00 or more is available. These are the total estimated expenses for an academic year of study, to include tuition, fees, insurance, books, housing and meals, and incidentals. This is our best estimates of costs per student, and this is what you should be prepared to spend for one academic year all-inclusive.
- If your family will come with you, an additional $6,000.00 per spouse and $3,600 per child will be necessary. Only spouses and children (age 21 and under) are allowed to be dependents on the student visa.
- Pay the $60 application fee (non-refundable). Use our online payment website for the quickest processing. Do not send credit card information by email or fax. You can also pay by money order drawn from a US-based bank (in dollars) made out to UNC Charlotte.
- Students who have attended a US school must provide grades/transcripts to date. We will accept students who are in good academic and immigration standing.
All documents can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Please send your application materials as early as possible before the term you wish to begin. Applications will not be considered complete until all documents and payments have been completed.